Friday 22 January 2016

It's been a while

Sorry for the giant hiatus that was not planned, but when you get behind on blogging it's really easy to just get further behind. 

So where have I been? I've been poorly tbh nothing major but literally since I blogged I've been poorly. It's been no fun at all. Really hard tbh, making blame very sleepy and I don't feel I have 'achieved' a massive amount. 

We had Christmas. That was great and I had a birthday which was also good. 

I got lots of woolly things for both, or I got money/vouchers and bought wool. 

I am currently poorly again just with a cold but man when you can't breathe you can't really sleep and then your baby in your tummy wakes up and kicks and kicks which is clever and amazing and all but man go to sleep. 

Right enough of that. Oh yes baby boy is doing well and I'm getting pretty big now. 

So what have I been doing crafty wise. I'll just jump in yeh? And so a end of year review plans etc for this year when I'm at my computer not on my phone in bed in the dark. 

I started making a granny stripe blanket for baby boy. After much debate about colour this is what I went with and I really like it. Stylecraft obviously. 
Tomato, spice, saffron, pistachio, sherbet, turquoise, empire, plum, mocha. 


I started another fancy blanket in DebbieBliss  Cashmerino Aran - everything is very baby heavy FYI

This is how it looks so far. The same style as Martha's but with M1 not a YO. 



You will find that jade type colour at the start is my current colour of choice for everything I make baby boy. 

I finished this out of Big Merino and left over cascade from my Lush cardigan. It's Little Coffee Bean or magic coffee bean. I always get them mixed up. 


This is Light Flax by Tincan Knits, they brought a 4ply version so I've been working on that. It's slow going but I have separated for the sleeves now. 


Sorry there is a lot. I've been casting. On like mad. 

I got these beauties in the knitting goddess sale with my birthday money. 

And this 

And this from
Santa. 

Oh and enough cascade to make another Lush cardigan which I have started

Erm this by Mothy and the squid who is my current favourite. 


Socks are going well and sparkly and pretty pretty pretty. 


Hope you're not bored yet. 

Oh a quick birthday pic. There were sweet potato fries involved it was good. 


I got this lovely yarn and made a cardigan and hat for baby boy. I need to go button shopping thou. 


This is Martha being adorable knitting a hat for Tiny Bear as we call him. I not get ready mammy I knitting a hat for tiny bear. Man she's cute. 

Said hat. 

This appears to be the best photo
I have of the cardigan but it's called No fuss baby cardigan or something. It's on my ravelry page. 


What else. Oh I may have had a little fall down in the hobby craft 3 for 2 sale. 

When it's all
Like this in one blog post it looks a bit obsessive right? But mat leave is starting well in a couple of months and there won't be many pennies for woolly things or that's what I'm telling myself. 

In other news 

Martha got even cuter and doesn't stop talking now. 

My belly got big! Currently 27 weeks!

We have been gathering baby kit and the time has come where I loose my 'craft room' / dumping ground. It's a epic job that I've been too poorly to do but we have 2 days off next week to paint so kinda have to do it. 

So yeah that's us
 And that's what's been happening. 


Will attempt a end of year knitting runs up as I'm quite proud of my total this year. 

Hope this epic post hasn't bored you. Don't forget u can find me on ravelry as reward or Instagram as rewardingmemories where I post knitting things. 

Back soon xx

1 comment:

Sonia said...

I loved your post, it was quite a catch-up! You have made some gorgeous projects, it's hard not to get excited for you and your growing family. And Martha is sooooooo cute! Well done :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails